Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Landmark in Terrorism Trial
Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani was acquitted Wednesday of all but one count of conspiracy-related charges in a landmark civilian trial involving the first Guantanamo detainee to be tried in civilian court. I personally feel that individuals suspected for terrorist attacks against the U.S and other various country's dont deserve a trial as if they are civilians. Ahmed was accused of conspiracy and murder in the 1998 attacks on U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The bombings, for which al Qaeda claimed responsibility, killed 224 people, including a dozen Americans, and wounded thousands of others and i feel that he deserves a different form of conviction because it gives him an easier chance to be set free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you. I think that in order to keep us safe we need to make it clear that if we catch you that you will be going to jail for a very long time.
ReplyDelete